Sunday, July 3, 2011

Belgium Day 2

Day 2:

Starts off with breakfast in hostel. I met a lady (my room-mate) she woke me up for keys and I decided to join her for breakfast. There I asked her what her plans for the day was and she mentioned going to Ghent and Brugge (small towns in the outskirts of Brussels). I wanted to go as well, so I decided to join her.

We went off to Brussels-Midi station and booked tickets for 15 euros back and forth (cheap I know!!). We went to Ghent first. Small town, beautiful; town and people are once again concerned about energy conservation.

Bikes everywhere.
Heres something special. Have you seen shoes hanging from a wire in the city. If not here you go!

And, like any other European city there are plenty of beautiful churches.


and when you enter, you are not allowed to take pictures. I have learnt something called "shooting from the hip" and it turned out rather nice =D. Tee-hee thanks Brit


Amazing town square.....

Very typical Belgian architecture


 From there we went to Brugge, one of the most beautiful towns I have seen in my life. So serene, so amazing. I would retire there.

But first, I would like you to introduce " the smallest street in Brugge, it used to be a red light district. Its nice and cozy still."

And yet, some more chocolate.....



and did I mention random art??

...Soon after this point, my battery died. But all I can say is its one of the cutest towns I have every seen. Done and done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment