Friday, July 1, 2011

Belgium

Some notable things about Belgium, I think this would be interesting if you wanna visit in the future or something. I have not been to very many cities but here are some very peculiar things that I have seen in the cities I have been to.

# Art everywhere: This is kind of the essence of Europe in general but in Brussels each station has its own art, also stations are named after artists ex: Delacroix after Eugene Delacroix. There are also random pieces of clothing (banners) which hang across the town in Brugge. Art Art everywhere! Love it!

#People like to conserve energy: Huh, something us North Americans need to get a leg up on! We waste so much. Some examples of these are train doors that open with manual force rather than electrical force. Escalators that have sensors around them and only run if it senses people coming around.

# Snacks: I am sorry I can't help but comment on the food portions people have in Brussels. I went into a store (fast food kind of) and under the list of snacks was a "sandwich" which was 1/2 a baguette filled with fries and different sauces like ranch, mayo etc. I also saw a very small child (6-7 years appx) eat it at 11 pm at night. o.O 

No comments:

Post a Comment