Friday, May 13, 2011

The groundling

First day of work for the job that I have shed sweat and tears on to achieve. It all starts off with a meeting with 10 or so random strangers in a room. Oh fun! right? NOT!! After being utterly confused all day, and going thru a rapid review of the campus map without a map, I headed off to St. Paul's station to see Shakespeare's Hamlet. 
Ophelia and Leartis

Ophelia and Horatio

Walking into the area, I see a long lineup of people who have literally been there for hours. Surprisingly, I was still fairly early and could queue after 20 or so people.  After the gates finally opened, some rushed, some budged... I ended up in 2nd row off the stage as a grounding. Pretty fricken cool if you ask me! Although I had to stand for nearly 3.5 hours, it was totally worth it. The actors, the stage, the experience. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat plus I got to see scenic London at night. Gotta say pretty beautiful as well. All in all, I think I am off to a good start =).


St. Paul's at night from the back of the church as you head off to the station
Cute little cafe I felt like taking a picture of! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment